- 3 Cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp cloves
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup Crisco
- 2 ¼ cup sugar
- 4 cups Fruit or Vegetable
- 1 cup walnuts, craisins and/or raisins
- Mix dry ingredients; set aside.
- Whip eggs and vanilla until fluffy; set aside.
- Cream Crisco and sugar; combine the egg mixture with the Crisco and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add fruit or vegetable and nuts and raisins.
- Mix in dry ingredient mixture.
- Add apple juice or water if mixture is dry.
- Pour into small bread pans sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkled with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Enjoy and remember Grandma (Peg) Hendershot.