- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bunches of Glascock’s Produce fresh ramps , cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup flour
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 grilled fresh ramps
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Small loaf of crusty bread
- Combine the vegetable oil and the flour in a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, to make a blond roux, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Whisk in the stock and the cream.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper, and “Essence” (see below).
- Simmer gently for about 40 minutess
- Lightly grill 6 of the ramps.
- Cut the remaining ramps into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the chopped ramps to the soup, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and using a hand-held blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into shallow bowls, garnish with the grilled ramps and the parsley. Serve with crusty bread.