- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 extra large tail-on raw shrimp (more if you are using smaller shrimp)
For the cocktail sauce:
- 1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce*
- 1 cup Glascock’s Produce Chipotle Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon your favorite Glascock’s Produce Hot Sauce
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
**The chef specifically recommends Heinz chili sauce – it’s not very spicy and has a nice sweet taste.
**If you want to use other type of hot chili sauce, just start with a couple tablespoons first, then taste and adjust.
- To prepare the cocktail sauce, mix all the cocktail sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Have a large bowl of ice water ready and set near the sink. To a 8-quart pot of water, add the Old Bay, lemon, granulated garlic, garlic, chili powder, and salt. Bring to a boil. Add the shrimp to the pot and when the water returns to a boil, the shrimp should be done! The shrimp should be bright pink.
- Immediately drain and place the shrimp into the ice bath to cool for 2 minutes. Peel the shrimp (leaving the tail-on.) Drain and serve with the cocktail sauce.